Thursday, April 3, 2008

Preezie's Trip to Cozumel, Mexico


Click the link to view more pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=17x6z3h2.hu6vng6&x=0&y=2muh01&localeid=en_US
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ttrgkee.4renjra&x=0&y=-gspyt&localeid=en_US
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=1xjswnes.6oam2mc0&x=0&y=-suvlwc&localeid=en_US



My trip to Cozumel, Mexico

What I’m about to write could be disturbing, but I think its something that everyone should know. The views that I have are strictly my own, but has been shared by some friends and associates.

Mexico is a beautiful country to travel to, but there seems to be some racial profiling going on in Cozumel.

First of all, Cozumel is a tourist location so I expect the streets to be flooded with street hustlers and peddlers. I don’t expect for every Mexican peddler to approach me with statements such as “Do you want to see some Bling Bling”, “Hey brother”, “Do you want to buy Cuban Cigar”, “Hey sister”, “Do you want to get high”, and “What’s up my nig”.

It seems as if the United States media companies have portrayed the Black man in such a negative way to the World that bias treatment seems inevitable. It seems as if most foreigners think that all African descendants want some type of drug, or desire the same type of things such as flashy jewelry.

I really enjoyed my trip to Mexico excluding all the racial profiling.

If you must go to Cozumel make sure you travel in a group or during a time where there will be a lot of tourist on the island. It has been said that small groups of tourist have been chased and robbed by the natives there.

My trip to Cozumel was my first experience traveling out of the country so my expectation where neutral. I did not hear about the negatives about Cozumel until after I had left. However, I did encounter the racial profile and the militant police officers there did display signs of aggression.

On a positive note, the landscape there is simply gorgeous. There are a lot of out door activities to participate in such as, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Snorkeling, Submarine diving, off road motor sports, and more.

A site to see is definitely the Mayan Ruins. It’s amazing to be standing on a slab of rock that someone has stood on 500 plus years ago that makes you look at life differently. Time doesn’t stop for anyone that’s for sure.
Traveling to other countries and seeing the world definitely relieves your heart from a lot of negative energy no matter what type of situation you run into. All and all, traveling to Cozumel with my friends was a great experience.





Preezie Travels to Cozumel Mexico

Just to let the people know, When you heard me say bye lady...I was thinking of my Ex. We're no longer together and it was still fresh on a gentleman's heart.

Second day in Cozumel

3 comments:

  1. Preezie, you seem to have such a great personality. I wish i was in Atlanta. I would like to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pree, you are fine! Keep it up Georgia Boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exploitation at its finest! roflmao

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message

So you want to know what I think?

.