Tuesday, January 8, 2008

XXL Magazine 100th Issue features NAS on the Cover


"There was alot of talk previously in the air about NAS's new album called N*gg*r. I guess we'll have to purchase this copy of XXL Magazine to see what NAS is still saying about it".





I understand his view point on the subject. I thing there are others who can relate and others who can not.

by: Pree Dammond





Nas has made the following comments to Mtv News:

"Salaam — me and him have some real chemistry," Nas explained. "

He can go from Amy Winehouse to Spragga Benz to come f--- with Nas. The other cats, some of us have somewhat of chemistry, some of us don't. ... [People] shouldn't trip off the [album's] title; the songs are crazier than the title."
Nigger has caused some strong reaction from civil-rights activists since news of the name hit the masses. The Fox News Web sitesite quoted the Rev. Jesse Jackson and representatives from the NAACP, who admonished Nas for using the N-word as his LP's name.
"I'm a street disciple," Nas responded, quoting one of his earlier album titles. "I'm talking to the streets. Stay out of our business. You ain't got no business worrying about what the word 'nigger' is or acting like you know what my album is about without talking to me. Whether you in the NAACP or you Jesse Jackson. I respect all of them ... I just want them to know: Never fall victim to Fox. Never fall victim to the sh-- they do. What they do is try to hurry up and get you on the phone and try to get you to talk about something you might not know about yet.



Nasir Jones (born September 14, 1973), known simply as Nas, formerly Nasty Nas, is an American rapper. Son of jazz musician Olu Dara, Nas is well known for his 1994 debut album Illmatic, which many consider to be one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time.


Nas said he hasn't talked to anyone outside his camp about the title, so he was upset to see that people are up in arms without knowing the story behind him choosing the name. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572287/20071018/nas.jhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

So you want to know what I think?

.