Sunday, July 5, 2009

Seeing is believing in New York



Preezie in front of a Mosaic found in a Manhattan, New York subway entry point.


The spirit of a hustler fly about in New York


I recently traveled to New York to Network, kick it with a friend, and to see what all the New York hype was about. I road the subway, which was very convenient. I meet a few interesting people, and ran into a lady by the name of Diana more than once. You would never think to see someone twice in a city as massive as New York. I attended a Comedy show at HA comedy lounge. I ate a true New York style pizza that was amazing. I meet a music producer and an Author who is close friends with Kanye West and Brianna. The author's name is Sakiya Sandifer and his book is called, "Thank you and Your Welcome with Kanye West and Think, Think, Think, and Think again".


What I found is that like most people who live in their city they rarely ever get to enjoy it. My close friend, Brianna Michelle, was a fine example of that. She has been there for over a year now. I believe that she told me that she really hadn't had the time or took the time to move about the city for fun like we did the week I was there. I guess it's always more fun traveling with someone that doing it by yourself.


While I was there I felt that hustlers spirit flying about the city. Everywhere you go, someone is trying to sell you something. Everywhere you go, you can name your price. Everything is negotiable.


Believe it or not, while I was there I only saw one small mouse, not a Cat size Rat that most say live in the Subways. The streets had a city order, but was not that overbearing like most claim the streets to be. Don't be mistaken the streets are dirty, but no more than any other highly populated city.


I loved my experience there...it was cool. I am now entertaining the thought of moving there. The people and the connects a person can make are endless when it comes to expanding a business.





The Daily Preezie Baby!

In short, the hustler spirit lives in New York. Don't be a believer of hype. Be one who believes what their heart tells them and maybe a little of what your eyes see.

1 comment:

  1. Susan Marie TaylorJuly 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

    The huge subway rats are not hype. i have seen them with my own eyes. Glad you enjoyed your trip though. And it is definately a hustlers paradise.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message

So you want to know what I think?

.