Thursday, October 23, 2008

My review on "The Comedy experience" Wednesday @ Cenci Lougge



Pree Dammond Reviews:

I would like to start my review off by thanking everyone that made this event and my experience an enjoyable one. Eve and I, really appreciated the love Maurice.

Cenci Lounge is located in the East Atlanta area on Glenwood Ave. This venue has a unique look and appeal if you like the look of an old school open mic room in someones basement. I like eccentric places so the decor was delightful to me. I really enjoy the original Art work that was posted on the burnt orange walls. You could tell this room had a very local business type of feel which i think is what the owners are going for.

As far as the comedian performances:

Comedians and comediennes that stood out the most were Toni Tone (BET Comedian Host), April Body(Atlanta's Hottest Female Comedienne), Clayton(from Elimidate) and Jareed Harrish(Comedy Gold). These guys and gals ROCKED!! even if the show started an hour behind schedule...NO Fault of the promoter of course.

The Comedians had me falling in and out of my seat. I'm sure the Chardonnay had a small roll to play in that but for the most part they did their thing on stage.

I do have to admit, the set up was not right for any comedian performances but who really cares as long as you're having a good time and laughing your rump off. There wasn't a stage and the lights where terrible for the first 10 minutes while the host was warming up the crowd. Being that this was their first comedy showing, we definitely got to attend another comedy experience at Cenci to get the full impact. The crowd was less than packed for their first night, but I'm sure this will change shortly. Great Comedy room for comedians to try new Jokes! I can tell that once you get the hang of stand up it can become addictive. The rush you get from the crowd applauding your performance has to be exciting.

Out of a possible 10 points. I rate this room a 7, based on over all appeal and growth potential for the East Atlanta area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

So you want to know what I think?

.